Turning Point Academy provides an informal buddy/mentoring service for its members. The service is to help those who do not have practising Muslim friends. Buddies/mentors are either TPA staff or students. We do our best to match sisters with those who speak the same language or have the same cultural background. The following is what to expect from your buddy/mentor:
• Your buddy/mentor will keep in touch with you between sessions by phone, text or email or by meeting with you in person.
• Your buddy/mentor may arrange a visit to a mosque or an Islamic event with you.
• Your buddy/mentor may organise a dinner with you and other TPA members.
• Your buddy/mentor may be able to answer immediate questions you have on prayer or other Islamic issues. If she cannot answer your question or deal with your issue, she will refer you to speak to management for advice.
• If you would like a buddy/mentor, please complete the contact form.
• If you would like to be a buddy/mentor, please read the mentoring specification on our Buddy/Mentor Volunteering page for further details.
Student Welfare Signposting and Referral
Turning Point Academy has a Student Welfare Officer who can be consulted on issues outside of the Academy’s scope. They can provide a list of external organisations that students can contact for specialist advice on specific matters.